Welcome to the ESC Silicon Valley 2017 Speaker Center, designed to help speakers plan their engagements and promote their sessions. We are thrilled you will be presenting at our event!
ESC Silicon Valley 2017
December 5-7, 2017
San Jose Convention Center
150 W San Carlos St, San Jose, CA 95113
Speaker Registration & Benefits
As a conference speaker, you receive a complimentary All Access Pass to the expo and conference – we take care of getting you registered so you don’t have to. Upon arrival, you can retrieve your Speaker Badge at the Speaker Ready Room located in Room 211A. Other benefits of speaking include:
- You receive one complimentary guest pass plus an additional 20% discount for clients and colleagues (unlimited use) by using the code SPEAKER2017 in the registration portal; you can begin circulating this discount through your network straightaway. Please contact your conference producer or operations lead to request a guest pass – you’ll simply need to provide the guest’s name, job title, company, phone number, and email address.
- You receive access to all onsite receptions, awards ceremonies, exhibitions, entertainment, keynotes, co-located conferences, conference lunches, and sponsored trainings.
- Your participation on faculty provides you and your company with professional exposure and is an opportunity to raise your profile within the advanced manufacturing and engineering community in the following ways:
- Your name, title, company, and biography will be featured on the ESC Silicon Valley 2017 event website
- A chance to have your session promoted on all ESC Silicon Valley 2017 and affiliate Social Networks
- Speak about your latest innovations, expertise, and company’s leadership before some of the most influential engineers and press in the field
- Your contribution will make a positive impact on the engineering community by sharing your knowledge and expertise.
Important Deliverables & Deadlines
Please carefully review the following deliverables and deadlines required of all speakers. If you’ve already provided us with some or all of these items, please feel free to skip over this section.
Mobile Phone Number & Twitter Handle Due
Last Day to Submit Presentation Edits or Changes
ESC Silicon Valley Conference
Conference Producers: Jennifer Campbell, ESC Silicon Valley - Jennifer.Campbell@ubm.com - 781-467-8933
Conference Operations Lead: Katie Tirschel - Katie.Tirschel@ubm.com - 310-445-4245
Theaters Operations Lead: Kristin McNeil - Kristin.McNeil@ubm.com - 415-947-6366
Editorial Lead: Suzanne Deffree, ESC Silicon Valley - Suzanne.Deffree@ubm.com - 631-786-8770
PR Lead: Richard Trunzo - Richard.Trunzo@ubm.com - 310-857-7571
Presentation Requirements & Submission Instructions
ALL slide submissions MUST follow the requirements below. Speakers who fail to provide the materials correctly might not be considered for future speaking opportunities. Do not create slides for panel discussion participation unless instructed otherwise by your panel organizer.
- Presentations must be submitted in a PDF format (contact your operations lead if this is an issue for you)
- Download the Speaker Presentation Template and please use this as the PowerPoint template for your content
- Name the presentation file: FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
Upload Your Presentation
You will upload your presentation here. Please review the submission instructions before you begin.
- Name your PDF file: FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
- In the description, please add the title of your session and your email address.
- Submit the final presentation in PDF format only.
** If you need to make revisions after you have submitted, please do not upload via the Box widget. Email revised PDF to Katie.Tirschel@ubm.com to avoid delays in the process and ensure the correct version is provided to attendees.
Standard conference session rooms will include the following:
- 1 Podium Microphone
- 1 Wired Lavalier Microphone
- 2 Tabletop Microphones
- 1 LCD Projector With VGA Cable Connector
- Large Projector Screen (16:9)
- PC Laptop
Note that when conducting your presentation or participating on a panel, press may be present, including members of the Associated Press. Please be advised not to include confidential information in your discussion unless preceded by an "off the record" disclaimer.
Marketing & Pres-Show Promotion
By agreeing to speak, you have become a vital part of the conference and thus an important element of pre-event promotion. Here’s how your involvement in pre-event promotion works:
- Social Media: If you’re on social media, we hope that you’ll socialize your participation and engage with your network about your speaking engagement at our event.
- Editorial Media: If you’re willing and available, we hope that you’ll give a pre-event interview by agreeing to speak with one of our staff editors about your scope of expertise and conference session. The world wants to hear about you and how you’re influencing your industry. Don’t miss the opportunity to get extra exposure by having a professional editorial piece written about you, as this content will be made public on our media sites and potentially included in our press releases.
- Note that our marketing and editorial teams will be promoting your participation through various media channels throughout the pre-event campaign. Please be prepared to have your name and professional photo used on our marketing platforms, including website, media blogs, and social media.
Social Media Tool Kit
Please refer the social media tools below to help you engage with your network.
- Event Hashtags: #ESCconf
- Turnkey Twitter posts:
- Example 1: Excited to be speaking at the #ESCconf on ESC Engineering Theater on Nov 8th! See you there…
- Example 2: #ESCconf is going to be the best yet! I’ll be speaking at ESC Minneapolis on Nov 9th on Emerging Technology. See you at the conference.
Conference Room Location
Upon arrival, proceed through the front entrance of the convention center and locate your track room on the second floor to the right of the expo hall:
- ESC Silicon Valley, Track A: Room 210-BF
- ESC Silicon Valley, Track B: Room 210-CG
- ESC Silicon Valley, Track C: Room 210-DH
Speaker Ready Room Location
To check-in and pick-up your badge, go to Room 211A. The Speaker Ready Room is for speaking faculty and event operations to discuss logistics, conduct meetings, prepare for presentations, and/or meet fellow panelists. If you need to provide us with an updated copy of your presentation, you’ll be able to find a staff member to help you here. The Speaker Ready Room is open from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM both days of the event.
Center Stage Location
The pavilion is located at Booth 641. Through the main entrance proceed straight into the expo hall and make your way to the 600 aisle until you arrive at Booth 641. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Lead that you’ve been in touch with.
ESC Engineering Theater Location
The pavilion is located in the ESC Silicon Valley Hall at Booth 1733. Through the main entrance proceed straight into the expo hall and make your way to the 1700 aisle until you arrive at Booth 1733. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Lead that you’ve been in touch with.
Tech Theater Location
The pavilion is located at Booth 344. Through the main entrance proceed straight into the expo hall and make your way to the 300 aisle until you arrive at Booth 344. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Lead that you’ve been in touch with.
Women in Engineering
This program will be held on specified days in Room 210-AE. Check the Schedule Viewer or mobile app for more details.
As a member of faculty, you receive access to all event keynotes. These presentations will be held from 1:00 – 1:45 PM on specified days in Room 210-GH. Check the Schedule Viewer or mobile app for more details.
As a member of faculty, you’ll be provided with complimentary lunch both days of the event; our staff will be providing lunch vouchers for use at any of the participating cafes in the convention center. If you’re presenting on Tuesday, December 5th, you’ll receive a complimentary boxed lunch between morning and afternoon sessions.
The Convention Center lot (GPS/Maps address: 401 South Almaden Boulevard) is connected to both the Hilton and Marriott hotels in addition to the Convention Center. Entrances can be found on Market Street and South Almaden Boulevard, between Balbach/Viola and West San Carlos. Additional parking behind the Convention Center, by South Hall can be accessed from South Market/Viola or from Balcbach/South Almaden (GPS/Maps address: 470 South Alamden Boulevard).
For a full list and contact information to surrounding parking structures please click here. Rates, days, and hours may vary.
Hotel & Accommodations
To help you make hotel reservations, ESC Silicon Valley 2017 has partnered with onPeak to offer a wide variety of hotels at the lowest rates available. Click here for more details.
To download the mobile app, search for Biomed 2017 in your app store on your phone. The mobile app provides access to the full conference schedule, onsite activities, ESC Engineering Theater, Tech Theater, Center Stage, and the full list of exhibitors across all co-located shows.
Instructions for obtaining post-conference proceedings to be announced.
- Make sure to bring a copy of your presentation with you on-site.
- If you have any additional A/V request(s), contact Katie.Tirschel@ubm.com
- Avoid sales pitches and commercial presentations. Experience shows that you will represent your company best by giving an educational, informative presentation.
- No sales/promotional handouts are to be distributed in the conference areas (including meeting rooms). Sales literature distribution is limited to exhibitor booths only. For more information or to learn about ESC Minneapolis 2017 sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please contact ClientServices@ubm.com.